[Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Previous in Thread] [Next in Thread]

Subject: RE: UKNM: AOL advertising
From: manou
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:53:03 GMT

Steve wrote:

| Final point, has anyone experienced a duff Freeserve installation which
rips out the whole tcp stack from the pc. Luckily, like most on the list,
I know enough to fix it but can imagine <pc> Joe/Joanne Public </pc>
racking up those �1 minutes pretty quickly.

I installed Freeserve to check it out when it was first introduced. My PC
eventually crashed after Freeserve became tattooed all over my op system.
Had to reinstall Windows. Joe/Joanne Public would have had to spend close
to 20 minutes on the helpline just to have a vague understanding of what
was wrong or get an answer deemd acceptable.

Have a great new year...

Manou Marzban
Director of Marketing - BiblioTech
0171 460 4647
email: manouatpostmaster [dot] co [dot] uk