Subject: RE: UKNM: [Was 'ecommerce Xmas wet dream or nightmare?']
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:29:11 GMT

E-commerce fulfillment should be no more a nightmare than trad mail order
fulfillment. In spite of everything, mail order seems to be doing quite
well for itself...

It's the trade off, isn't it? People often buy mail order because it can be
cheaper due to the "lower overheads" of the mail order company. If the
lower overheads are a result of skimping on the fulfilment, then people
will complain that they should have gone to a shop.

What price, cheaper goods...?

Robin

--
Robin Edwards
Clockworx Design Limited

On Thursday, December 09, 1999 5:12 PM, Judith Atkins
[SMTP:judithatkinsathotmail [dot] com] wrote:
> This is a pet topic of mine....
> Having used fulfillment houses and various forms of delivery over the
last
> five years with a bricks and mortar business I am about to embark on the
> nightmare scenario of an e-commerce offering.
>
> As a result of all this hard work it is impossible to order things to be
> delivered at home, after all they don't tend to deliver after 10pm when I
> might actually be there.....And having moved to a trendy warehouse
> conversion the new postcode we have been given doesn't even feature ("We
> only update once a year") so no-one can even find the place on a database
> because it doesn't exist of course....
>
> If you fancy chatting about sensible time order delivery I'd be
delighted,
> otherwise e-commerce will end up as a damp squib.
>
> Judith Atkins
> 0411 604 887
> judithatkinsathotmail [dot] com
> www.lovesuperstore.com

[Sam says: other replies chopped for brevity]