Subject: RE: UKNM: some serious advice from you marketing experts please
From: Leslie Bunder
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:29:36 GMT

like all things, you apply a little bit of creative prose to approach
people. let them know who you are, what you do, who your audience is and why
it is beneficial for them to be associated with it.

in my spare time, I run a social/networking group for Jewish people working
in New Media called New Media Jews (www.newmediajews.com) and like yourself,
we're keen to have guest speakers for our events. i tend to approach people
on a one to one basis, rather than bulk-emailing out! this way it is more
personal and allows us to be focused on what type of speakers/events we wish
to have.

alas, there are no standard templates to use, just think carefully what you
want to say and why that company would wish to be involved with your event.

also, don't forget sponsors may wish to donate merchandise and also have
speakers come along, so be flexible in what you want out of it.

also, avoid things like "hits" these days... if your site doesn't have a
mailing list, look at creating one so you can build up your users and retain
loyal people.

Oh, and don't forget it takes time to build these things up... Expect a few
set backs, but if you are determined enough, it can provde enjoyable and
successful...

hope these little pointers help!

Leslie

Leslie Bunder, Content Partner Manager
Entranet
Email: Leslie [dot] Bunderatentranet [dot] co [dot] uk
Tel: 07799 710831
Web: www.entranet.co.uk

-----------------------
The information contained in this email and any attachment is intended
for and confidential to
the addressee(s) only.

If you have received this information in error and you are neither the
addressee nor an
authorised recipient of the addressee, please notify Entranet on 01491
878785 immediately
and delete the email from your system. Please note the information
contained in, or attached
to this email must not be used, copied, or disseminated in any way.

Unless approved literature of Entranet is included, any views or
opinions expressed are those
of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Entranet.

Please note Entranet accepts no liability for any viruses, which may be
transmitted in or with
this email, nor does it accept responsibility for any such data
corruption, interception or
unauthorised amendment which can occur as a result of internet/email
communications.

Entranet - creators of online commerce
http://www.entranet.co.uk/

Entranet Limited
Registered office - 4 Thames Court, Goring-On-Thames, Reading RG8 9AQ
Registered in England No. 3267855