Subject: RE: UKNM: Job Cuts
From: Darren Wallace
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:31:08 GMT

Nope.

In my case, my former employer - Discovery Networks Europe -
www.discoveryeurope.com
made it's *entire* interactive division redundant (with the exception of the
hd. of the european division), as part of a major switch from focusing on
narrowband to broadband.
That also included me, as European hd. of online sales.
This was as a result of a global decision, made by the US hd. office.
Approx. 50% of the 200 members of the US online divison went, as well as
people in Latin America and SE Asia.

A real pisser, especially as I'd only been there for 2 weeks!

As you might expect, I've been far more aware of the state of the jobs
market in the last few weeks. It seems to me that in the last 6 months, our
industry has shed more jobs than in the 6 years that I've been working in
it.

Cheers,

D.

Darren Wallace