Subject: RE: UKNM: Freeserve hits one million...
From: Jo
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:59:59 GMT

A service provider acquaintance of mine suggests that with the majority of
new Freeserve accounts, initial problems occur which require technical
support. At the same time, the main revenue from this service is gained
through charging for support calls. New users may not realise there is a
charge (I believe it is �1 a minute) unless they read the small print on
the info provided by Dixons.

Coincidence?

My cousin (not very IT literate) set up a Freeserve account and ended up
ringing me for advice. The Freeserve techical support team member she
reached was unable to resolve her problem - the collection and sending of
e-mail using Outlook Express. It was a simple case of obtaining details of
the POP and SMTP servers and setting them in the mail client.

Hmmmmm.