Subject: UKNM: Re: UKNM Digest V1 #143
From: aaa
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:49:12 GMT

Re:Shopping Solutions
From: Anthony Appleby
Email: uknmatatl [dot] uk [dot] com
http://www.worldsoccernews.com

We created a javascript client side shopping basket for the World Cup
in June.
Worked fine, was much quicker for the user, sold alot with it.
What we didn't have was a back up for those without javascript
enabled browsers so we got a lot of complaints. (doh!) (though many
thought it was their fault!)
And IE3 threw up its usual errors so we definitely lost sales.
Conclusion: write it properly, and with a cgi backup if you don't
want to lose sales, and if you're going to do the cgi thing then
maybe you're duplicating effort!?

>James Bruce said:
>I would like some opinions on client side javascript shopping
systems

Good luck,
Anthony Appleby