Subject: Re: UKNM: shopping solutions
From: Robb Masters
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:05:09 GMT

> From: Lee Rickler <leeaturbanmediadesigns [dot] com>
>
> >Drawback: much of your clever code is going to be visible to the browsing
> >public if you go the JavaScript route.
>
> Unless you access the script elsewhere ... ie: On Dj index,
> www.djindex.com, we have all of our scripts sitting in a different folder
> from the actual reference:
>
> <script language="JavaScript" src="PATH_OF_SCRIPT.js">
>
> Lee

Lee,

I hope you don't seriously believe this means your code cannot easily be
viewed by anyone with a mind to do so. Sure, it won't show up if a user
simply does "View Source" but any web techie will be able to view it
without any trouble at all.

I was going to demonstrate this by quoting some code from DJ Index, but
the site seems to be down...

Regards,

Robb
--
Robb Masters rmastersatredkite [dot] com
Project Manager