Subject: Re: UKNM: Fresh Horses
From: Siobhan McVeigh
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 10:34:00 GMT

hi everyone just back from holiday and trawling through email came across this
- know it was a while ago but it caught my eye...

there is an EU funded course 'European Media Masters Award' which is taught at
University of Art and Design at Helsinki, Dublin Institute of Technology,
Hogeschool voore de Kunsten at Utrecht, London College of Printing (London
Institute), Portsmouth University, Centre Nationale de la Bande Desinee ate
Angouleme, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, UIAH in Helsinki and a couple
of other colleges in Mallorca and Stuttgart.

the MA covers different aspects of digital media at the different colleges, but
every year there is a forum where all the students meet up and discuss their
work which is a fantastic way of appreciating the bigger picture of digital
development. the course at LCP is 'Media Technology Administration' and covers
standard MBA topics of marketing, finance, project management, change
management, human resource development and management etc, but focusing on
digital convergence and with a wider appreciation of the global nature of world
media, developments in communication theory, emerging ethical/legal issues.
The M.A is part-time over two years and students must have 3 years media
experience.

I've just finished it and I've found it really interesting. I think it's a bit
different to other courses because of the european element and also because it
teaches management skills but in relation to a very specific area of media and
technology. If you would like more information on the course contact Joan
Burks at LCP, or for more general info. on EMMA try CITE (Centre for
International Technology and Education) - Charles DaCosta at LCP.

hope you all had fabulous festive seasons! :) s