Subject: Re: UKNM: lastminute.com does delight its customers!...
From: Nabil Shabka
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:43:31 GMT

I must say I agree with Robin, Brent and a few of the other postings. I think
it was good of Brent to step into the fray, although I actually missed the
original posting. The fact of the matter is, as we all know, every company in
the world has customers/clients who are happy and ones who aren't. Sometimes
it's the company's fault, sometimes it's a 'customer from hell', sometimes
it's a bad saleperson, sometimes it's just bad luck or timing.

When the company in question is an Internet company, it becomes a 'big' story.
Why can't they do this or that better.........? Why focus on the shortcomings
of ecommerce, let's find the solutions. Let's face it, good or bad service,
it's growing like mad. I, like I'm sure most people on this list, are working
our asses off and doing the absolute best we can to deal with growth at an
unprecedented pace in a market that changes on an almost hourly basis. Does
anyone really believe that Boo (for example) set out to generate the response
generated on this list, of course not. Each of us thinks we have it right.
The trick is to learn from mistakes, not repeat them. This list should
facilitate this.

Let's learn from our mistakes. As we are an industry focused group, shouldn't
we be supporting each other rather than looking for opportunities to point out
somebody else's shortcomings or gafs? We should offer constructive critism and
try to assist others on this list in correcting perceived shortcomings, always
bearing in mind of course that different customers actually have differing
views on what's 'good' or 'bad', just as we do. Besides, as they say 'what
goes round, comes round'.

My 2 pence worth....

Nabil

--