Subject: RE: UKNM: RE: UKNM Digest V1 #362
From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:10:33 GMT

Back in my old days at Teletext, I saw the NOP reports and indeed they were
very in-depth and very useful. Teletext was one of the partners in the
survey along with other media bods. But it cost some serious money.

The real issue I find these days is getting information that is specifically
related to your needs. While many of the reports give an overview, it can
be difficult finding specific demographics that meet your own needs and
interests.

The other thing of course, is weighing up the option of paying or not paying
when there is plenty of very good free infromation or reports that are
sponsored by other businesses that are given out such as Motorola which had
one out last year, Which which had one out and indeed, the Yahoo!, ZDnet,
Dell reports that have come out a couple of times.

But if you are going to pay �5,000 or up, might be an idea to look for
customised reports to meet your needs so you don't waste your time and money
getting information that has no real benefit.

You left out Durlacher which offers some good reports and is certainly worth
checking out.

Leslie