Subject: Re: UKNM: Bluecycle.com - what's the rumpus?
From: Paul Douglas
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:47:58 GMT

Richard Longhurst wrote:

> Does anyone know when BlueCycle.com intends to launch? They're running press ads
> (Times today for example) saying "check bluecycle.com now and start the bidding
> with �1" but as far as I can tell all you can do at the moment is sign up for the
> mailing list.
>
> According to the press release, they were intending to have auctions between 18
> January and 7 February for the first 25,000 users to sign up. Has anyone been able
> to bid? Or is this another case of the developers not being able to keep up with
> the marketing schedule? Or maybe the marketing people not believing the developers
> when they say the site won't be ready...

They sent me this:

Dear Customer

You may have read in the press recently that bluecycle.com is now open
for
trading and wondered why we haven't contacted you to invite you to join.

We know it's important to our customers that our site is as quick and
efficient as posible. To ensure we give you the best possible service we
are inviting a few customers at a time to join in our auctions. We are
doing this as quickly as possible and we will be contacting you very
shortly.

We will ensure that any special bargains, such as the items starting at
�1,
will be available for all customers. Please bear with us and we look
forward to welcoming you to bluecycle.com.

The bluecycle.com team

--
Paul Douglas
http://www.internetinvestor.co.uk