Subject: RE: UKNM: Cost of bringing in visitors
From: John McNamara
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:34:31 GMT

At the risk of prompting a deluge of smug emails from agencies with clients
enjoying a conversion rate in excess of 2%, can I report that one of our
clients, an electrical goods etailer <PLUG> Vacuum Cleaners Direct</PLUG>,
is currently reporting a conversion ratio of 5.8%. That said, I do have to
agree completely with Melanie that different types of sites, different types
of product/service, and of course differences in marketing strategy, all
contribute to the variations in the costs of acquiring new customers.