Subject: Re: UKNM: Brainstorming - PC's Next Victim [No virus detected]
From: Steve.Johnston
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:21:17 GMT

Ashley, you can be so full of crap....

> Mediocrity multiplies - ten mediocre people working in a
> team produce ideas which are ten times as mediocre.

In my experience the sum of the parts is often greater than the whole,
regardless of the merits of the individuals present. Of course, in those
meetings, _I've_ been present, so perhaps they were a little special ;-)

Whatever you call them, and I particularly liked 'bluesky', they can be
invaluable opportunities to widen people's horizons and build a shared
vision for how to solve problems.

Just my tuppence.

Steve Johnston
CEO
Blue Sky

And, yes I do have a new job.

Ashley
Pomeroy To:
uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com
<arp@termisoc cc: (bcc: Steve Johnston/Blue
Sky Communications Ltd)
.org> Subject: Re: UKNM:
Brainstorming - PC's Next Victim [No virus detected]

10/01/2001
15:18

cerebral palsy. The new PC word for it is, apparently,
'greenbraining'.<<<<

I would expect it to be offensive to dsylexic stunt pilots. Think about it
for a second.

I hate the word 'brainstorm'. It conjures up a mental image of
poorly-educated middle-managers in ill-fitting suits, promoted purely
because they fit in and buy drinks during office parties, sitting before a
sheet of paper on which is sketched a circle with 'What do you associate
with Bovril?'. Mediocrity multiplies - ten mediocre people working in a
team produce ideas which are ten times as mediocre.

'Greenbraining' makes me think of Graham Crowden from 'Britannia Hospital'
placing a rotting brain in a blender, blending it, and drinking the
results. And then I think of Malcolm McDowell, naked. Which makes me want
to gag.

Given the macho nature of business culture, how about 'bullrunning', or
'teambusting'? 'Synergism'? 'Mentanetting'? 'Dossing'?

-
"In the land of the blind, the blindest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/