Subject: RE: UKNM: Brainstorming - PC's Next Victim
From: Philip Buxton
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:03:33 GMT

You didn't want to go into it - but you did didn't you..

Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 05:19:27 -0000
From: "Geoff Inns" <geoff [dot] innsatquestico [dot] co [dot] uk>

Tim Moore said:
"We should stop trying to be Americans and f**k PC.
Political Correctness is brain facism and its offensive full stop.
If brainstorming is offensive to folks with cerabal palsy, I suggest they
change their behaviour by getting over it rather than asking me to change my
behavoir by using another term."

Yes - people are just sooo sensitive aren't they? I mean, I can't believe
language should be moderated to people's sensitivities - who gives a toss
about them? I'm me and I know what I mean.
You are treading on ground so dangerous I really don't want to go into it
for fear of the emotions it might provoke, and for which this forum is not
the place, so this will be my only posting on the subject. The more aware we
are of the effect of our language and behaviour on others the better
communicators we will all become. If you rile at the fact that someone shows
offence at something you say, even though you mean no offence, I would not
recommend anger as the best way to deal with it. Political Correctness is a
term left over from the days when Haringey council banned black bin liners
and blackboards - PC was a knee jerk reaction to the fact that the previous
two decades were basically not very pleasant if you were female, an ethnic
minority, homosexual, an immigrant or poor. progress has been made and
people are learning that to all live together a certain awareness and
consideration must proliferate. We've all grown up now.

Well, nearly.

Geoff Inns
Business Development Director
Questico UK Ltd
geoff [dot] innsatquestico [dot] co [dot] uk
www.questico.co.uk

Philip Buxton
Senior Reporter
Media & Marketing Channel
netimperative.com
t 020 7863 2130
f 020 7247 4624

> ** Want the latest news, trends and business information from
netimperative.com on your site?**