Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] Re: Piece of string question
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:19:39 -0000

If we make some assumptions (why the hell not it's Monday) then

* Cost to generate visitor = $1.00
* Conversion rate = 0.18%
* Cost per sale = $555.00

If the margins are more than $555.00 then you're onto a winner.

In reality, I suspect the cost to generate each visitor was higher than
$1.00 given the amount of money poured into marketing the site. If it was
$2.00 per visitor things don't look so good.

Of course they can up/cross/whatever sell them insurance, servicing,
accessories and, hopefully, their next car.

Is it true that boo.com had a conversion rate of 0.2%?

What's the margin on a pair of trainers?

Robin

--
Robin Edwards
Clockworx