Subject: Theft of copyright
From: Severina Publications
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:54:33 -0000

Hi

Some of you may remember eons ago (but most of you won't hehe) when I wrote
an article for Free Pint entitled "12 Ways To Promote Your Site Offline" or
something to that effect - you can find it here
http://www.freepint.co.uk/issues/040399.htm?FreePint_Session=4321d73999e1ba9
9b06bbeb6cde23810#tips with my copyright clearly attached - March 1999 (in
fact the article was written sometime in 1998 and has been on my website
since that date)

Well, a search today on a phrase in that article shows the following sites
showing it (most in word for word format, one has changed it a little) with
no copyright!

http://www.parkerinfo.com/contact.htm (about half way down)
http://www.creativelighthouse.com/Offlinepromo.htm
http://www.gaskin-is.com/web-marketingtips.html
http://anacorteshelpdesk.com/promote.htm
http://www.sa-news.com/smallbusiness/promo.htm

Does anyone have any experience on how I should go about approaching these
poeple, proving my copyright and getting them to either remove my article or
credit me?

Is there a form letter somewhere I can use, or has anyone gone through this
before?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Nikki Pilkington
Severina Publications Limited
Because Internet Marketing Is More Than Just Great Design
http://www.severina.co.uk nikkiatseverina [dot] co [dot] uk
T: 01327 871093 F: 01327 871907 ICQ: 9330127