Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] Piece of string question
From: Anna Perrin
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:42:24 -0000

There is no question that to deliver better results, B2C players are going
to have to focus on delivering a better user experience. This does not have
to be rocket science. How about clearly marked checkout buttons and a clean
checkout process for a start? Buystream have been tracking this sort of
thing for B2C clients and the kind money being left on the table is
eye-popping. Their preliminary findings in this area indicated that between
53% and 66% of shoppers who actually begin the checkout process actually
complete a purchase. These people wanted to buy something but were prevented
by a poorly-designed checkout process.

Measurement - E-tailers have to start thinking more seriously about running
a business not a site. The two are radically different and demand completely
different measurement approaches. The problem, however, is that many
managers are applying site metrics - number of visitors, page views, etc. -
instead of business metrics. B2C players should also think more seriously
about the co-ordinated use of a number of measurement tools, such as
surveys. For example, is anyone really making efforts to measure customer
satisfaction?

Anyone who would like any further information please contact me off list.

Thanks,
Anna Perrin
Flapjack Communications
Tel: 020 7224 4554
Fax: 020 7486 4959
E-mail: annaatflapjack [dot] com
www.flapjack.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended for
the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying
of this message, and any use or disclosure of information contained in it,
is
strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not the addressee then
you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, but please destroy this
message and notify us immediately.