Subject: RE: Piece of string question
From: Ian Fenn
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:57:48 -0000

At 00:00 25/01/2001 +0000, Anna Perrin wrote:
>Subject: RE: Piece of string question
>From: Anna Perrin <Annaatflapjack [dot] com>
>Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:56:35 -0000
>
>The Ikea metaphor of dumped "impulse" purchases is exactly the kind of
>mistake Buystream looks to rectify in dotcoms.

I visited buystream.com to discover that part of the page was beneath the
fold and that there was no vertical scroll bar in order for me to move
off-page items into view. Knowing a little than your average user I
discovered that the index page of buystream.com was a frameset which
actually linked to http://209.202.77.55/ and for some reason whoever
created the index page had turned the scroll bar off. This also meant the
site's terms of use and privacy statement could not be seen.

Forgive me for saying this, but I'm unlikely to entrust the analysis of my
purchase path to an organisation that can't even get its homepage right.

ttfn,

--
Ian Fenn
Director, Chopstix Media Limited

P.S. Chopstix re-launch has been put back to beginning of February whilst I
do up my flat. :-)