Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] RE: Row over crackdown on adoption websites
From: Silas Denyer
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:50:17 -0000

> > > Meanwhile I give y'all this gem from the front
> > > page of today's Daily Mail:
> > >
> > > "CAROL VORDERMAN: Why the Internet in schools
> > > is putting children at risk"
> > >
> > > ...which annoys me on *so many levels* I had to
> > > share it with you.
> >
> > Didn't carol vorderman just do some 'the internet is great' book or
> > something?
>
> Ahem, she *appeared* on the front of several publications. How much she
> actually wrote is anybody's guess.
>
> I think now is the right time for me to launch my program to 'rid the
media
> of carol Vorderman'. Diet fads, self-promotion that borders on soft-porn,
> and did you know just how many rude words you can make out of the letters
> she picks?
>
> You read it here first, Carol Vorderman has got to go.

This all sounds like the ridiculously OTT piece CV did on the "Tonight"
tabloid-ese show on ITV. She was banging on about how the internet (and in
particular giving all children at schools an email address) was a license
for paedophiles to harm our children. The fact that, like all children's
activities, lack of supervision is the key to risk was slightly ignored...

I agree, she really is a media prostitute - it appears she will support any
cause that gives her exposure and/or money...

Silas