Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Re: Online scratch cards
From: David Cabrera
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:52:52 -0000

The Tombola site and similar ones in the States are less effective when it
comes to engaging the consumer than those where the Scratch Cards are
probability based so all participants have the chance of winning.

According to contacts in NY, a company called SCA have been running some
effective online scratch card promos in the US backed by promotional
insurance so the prize values and probablity of winning are considerably
higher than a Tombola type offering - consequently the consumer impact is
much greater.

PIMS SCA are the UK arm, their web site is www.pims-sca.com where they are
currently running an online scratchcard promotion, called .com motion
promotion, the guy to talk to there is Rick Brownlow. I think their number
is 0207 434 3046

David