Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Link Popularity
From: Alex Bainbridge
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:07:23 -0000

The question is why do you want link popularity in the first place?

Right now it is very important for several search engines (although the
actual text of the link that they use is more important).

Therefore if it is for tracking links for this purpose you have to use each
search engine - they each have a system of looking for incoming links to
your site. (or individual pages).

I find that links are great for helping in search engines - but fairly poor
at providing new "users" through the actual link - same as the discussion
regarding the USA president (other thread in this forum)

alex bainbridge
www.first48.com