Subject: RE: The Rules
From: Matthew Turvey
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:09:11 -0000

> [...]I personally think that narrow
> debates about
> the accessibility / indexability / etc. rights and wrongs of individual
> approaches / technologies doesn't ever really advance the debate.
> If we are
> to make any real headway we need a top-down rather than a bottom-up
> approach, i.e. reach agreement on what is good / bad, then worry about the
> supporting technology for what it is - intended to support an end, not
> become an end in itself!

Are you in _management_?

There are always fundamental implementation choices to make and over time a
mature implementation process will learn from past mistakes and avoid them
altogether - bottom up top down left to right round and round back and
forth...

Frames on websites cause problems. You can solve some of these problems by
doing a bit more work. You can solve all of these problems by not using
frames in the first place. This isn't exactly rocket science here ;-)