Subject: Re: UKNM: Herpes, pregnant women and other custom publishing projects...
From: Sajid Mohammed
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 12:53:37 +0100

---Ray Taylor <tayloratbizbiz [dot] com> wrote:

> What's the problem?

Er, I don't actually have one. I think I said in my original posting
that I was only last night evangelising such sites to a colleague.
However that doesn't stop me being sceptical about the motives those
behind these sites.

I absolutely agree with you that this model is a great way to get
revenue for sites - if anyone has money to spend and wants to attract
an audience of intelligent, angst-ridden people who are paranoid about
the future and have a high disposable income, mail me off list.

To answer your point about building in response mechanisms, that
doesn't always apply. For example, what about brand reinforcement
where you have a company like Coca Cola or Adidas who are a global
brand. Such sites may contribute to pre-existing perceptions and as
such will not create the immediate response that one may wish to
track, but in the longer run may sustain growth in sales.

If the approach is subtle, then does it follow that the response will
be similarly subtle? Not necessarily - does anyone have any insights
from experience?

Sajid Mohammed