Subject: Re: UKNM: Help with domain dispute?
From: Felix Velarde
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 18:53:41 +0100

hi John

can I recommend Marcus Anselm at Olswang solicitors as a first port
of call - he's one of the [very few] experts in this field and does
all our online legal stuff, including copyright infringements and
intellectual property rights; 0171 208 8961

best wishes, and best of luck

felix

On 29/6/99 I read:

>Hi,
>
>I run http//www.circlemakers.org the home of England's crop circle makers
>which has been online since 1995. I need some advice about my legal
>position re the domain name http://www.circlemakers.com which has recently
>been registered to promote a book about crop circle makers [that's us!].
>It's just a holding page at the moment but I was gutted when I found out as
>I was planning to buy the domain, but this guy got there before me. I've
>offered to buy the domain back off of him but he doesn't want to sell.
>
>The point is, I've spent five years building the circlemakers 'brand' both
>online and offline, in traditional media such as the NBC-TV and BBC Country
>File documentaries that were recently made about us.
>
>Annoyingly, the media often give out the wrong URL for our site [ .com
>instead of .org - see the current issue of Internet Magazine for the most
>recent example :/ ]. The owner of circlemakers.com has now put up a note
>about our site and a link, but it's a small consolation.
>
>Do I have any legal recourse to reclaim the domain? Obviously I don't own a
>trademark for the word but I think I could put up a very strong claim for
>the domain.
>
>Can anybody help?
>
>Or have I just been shafted!?! If large corporations can claim back their
>domains, isn't it time that individuals are given the same rights???
>
>Later,
>John
>
> john lundberg: developmental:
> johnatdevelopmental [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:johnatdevelopmental [dot] co [dot] uk) http://www.developmental.co.uk
> tel: +44 (0) 171 249 3172 fax: +44 (0) 870 054 8748
>
> [ for too long creation has been a slave to rational time ]

Felix Velarde

CEO Head New Media

success is about interaction
voice + 44 (0) 171 737 7579