Subject: Re: UKNM: The Government Internet Tzar
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:24:00 +0100

Marcus Austin wrote:

> Been talking to the damn DTI press office all week and they're impossible
> to deal with. Made Yes minister sound positively helpful. The line is Tony
> Blair has said that "the announcement will be made in due course", and
> that's all they're willing to give away. The appointment was delayed
> because of the little war we just had. Before the war the line was "there
> are two prospective appointees and Tony will be deciding asap" According
> to the DTI person I spoke to in March, the announcement has to be made in
> the house of commons first, and as they're due for summer recess quite soon
> it looks like it may not happen until after the summer.

well, since everybody I know who wouldn't have been a laughable
candidate has already been rejected, I don't really hold out much hope.

and obviously, the post is simply there to deflect flak about the
governments idiotic crypto policy away from ministers and real civil
servants.

stefan
--
/**
Stefan Magdalinski *new!* mobile:07931 376142