Subject: Re: UKNM: Copyright Infringement Advice
From: Sean Phelan
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 19:02:26 +0100

Fox:

If you are serious about doing something, get yourself a copyright/patent
lawyer. In my experience they are helpful, constructive and will not
charge you until you explcitly ask them to do something, and if it is
unlikely to succeed a good one will tell you so before taking on your
business.

I can put you on to my firm if you want to follow up to seanatmultimap [dot] com

>From your description of the situation, you could perhaps ask your legal
advisers whether this site may be "passing off"; ie. whether the site
intends to give users the impression that they are using your site. This
is, as far as I know, a fairly serious offence in the UK if proved.
However my opinion - and that of everybody else on any discussion group -
is of no consequence in these areas: only professional advice counts.

Cheers
Sean