Subject: Re: UKNM: You have 8 seconds
From: Steve Mynott
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:54:18 +0100

14K for a page is probably on the low side

Given that most users (and this is independent of whether they have a leased line,
ISDN or an old modem) are likely to see transfer speeds of 2.5 - 5 KB/s across
the internet web page sizes can be between 20K and 40K.

People browsing the web have short attention spans and there are a lot of
competing web pages, any more
than 40K is really pushing it.

Dunno if Amazon do necessarily know what they are doing, since they aren't making
any money.

Yahoo, however, obviously do..

-- Steve