Subject: Re: UKNM: Putting a value on users
From: Nabil Shabka
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:55:00 +0100

Apples and oranges. Freeserve and AOL are entirely different beasts.
Freeserve is a commodity, an Internet connection, a pass thru. AOL users use
the site, stay on the site and return to the site regularly. The revenue
models are also totally different. Subscriber values are related to the
'value' of the subscriber, AOL users are more 'valuable' than Freeserve
customers. As for the �1500 per user, finger in the air I suspect.

Nabil

Nick Gilbert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how Freeserve came up with a value of 1500UKP per
> subscriber? I seem to remember AOL valuing its users at $8000 per
> subscriber and can't see why their valuation would be higher than
> Freeserve's.
>
> Any thoughts anyone?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick
>
> Nick Gilbert
> NewsNow Publishing
> Tel: 0171 720 2727
> http://www.newsnow.co.uk
>
> Find out how to get a customised newswire on your site
> http://www.newsnow.co.uk/info/NewsNowDirect.htm

Nabil Shabka
BiblioTech
50 Carnwath Road