Subject: UKNM: RE: PC Editors
From: Ian Tester
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:24:13 +0100

Actually, I found that when I used to try to use BRAD for finding IT Editors
and such like, they actually appeared to miss about half the titles in the
IT/Web sphere - I don't know where they're sourcing from , but they're
missing something . .specifically all the newsletters, and smaller industry
publications. They seem quite good at keeping their existing records
up-to-date, but not at finding all the new stuff. And they're just nonsense
on websites. I also tried a couple of those CD Roms that PR agencies buy
(sorry, can't remember the company name). Slightly better, but still full of
holes . . .It took me a couple of months and a lot of graft to build a half
decent list, and then some of the most effective PR came from the web anyway
. . .just my 10 cents worth . . .

Ian Tester, Knowledge Management - boo.com
boo.com Group Ltd. 5-7 Carnaby Street, London W1V 1PG
T + 44(20) 7950 2438 F +44(20) 7950 0951 M +44(7880) 557692 E
ian [dot] testeratuk [dot] boo [dot] com