Subject: Re: UKNM: PR continued - some pitch experiences
From: Fiona Campbell-Howes
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:59:06 +0100

Lois wrote:

>>Anyone else out there like to comment on communication difficulties across
the pond?<<

God, let's not even start on that. My pet hate is the stupid, meaningless,
space-wasting tagline that US clients insist you put in the first line of
every press release. I was thinking of setting a "spot the company"
competition using taglines. You can be my guinea pigs. A tenner for anyone
who manages to guess more than two of these accurately and without cheating:

X, a leading provider of eBusiness infrastructure software for customer
interaction.

X, the world's leading supplier of eBusiness application software.

X, a leading provider of intelligent eService solutions.

X, a leading provider of personalized e-business applications.

X, a leading provider of integrated e-business solutions.

X, the largest provider of software for e-business.

X, a global eBusiness solutions company.

X, a leader in business to consumer relationship marketing.

Arrrrgh. IBM have a lot to answer for for inventing the term "e-business".

Fiona

(available for writing PR materials in plain English, ho ho)