From: azeem azhar, lists
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:13:20 +0100

At 7:58 pm +0100 14/6/99, Stefan Magdalinski wrote:
>rubbish.
>
>I used to buy Time Out. I use www.thisislondon.com
>
>I used to have an A-Z. I use www.multimap.com
>
>I used to buy newspapers. I read about 20 news sites from around the
>globe.
>
>I used to read Adbusters, now I've got UKNM.
>
>content is getting cheaper by the day, by the hour, by the minute.
>
>stefan

Ah, the focus group of one strikes again.

One thing is true: there is a downward trend in "content" or "information
pricing" but there are some cases where this isn't going to be the case.

The first is in the advice business. When you are a research firm (like
Forrester Researc, or a consultancy, like a McKinsey), a lot of what you
deliver is not vastly different to or'nary newspaper content. (Pick up a
Jupiter report: its words on a page).

These firms will continue to charge for their content, except on the
occasional teaser basis.

Some might say, the scale of the teaser work will extend so that all the
work advice firms create becomes bespoke and charged for. But they will
increasingly deliver their services online, through the web, even if they
don't know. If that's the case, their deliverables will have mutated to
content: which will still be charged for.

azeem azhar | www http://azeem.azhar.co.uk/
tel 0958 544 593 | icq 315460
fax 0171 691 0464 | pgp http://azeem.azhar.co.uk/pgp/