From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:06:41 +0100

But not all information and content will be cheap and not all
information will come down in price. I think we need to stop making
general references to "information" and "content".

Information and content if it can be sold at a premium will be sold at a
premium. Just look at the various premium rate phone lines for horse
racing, greyhounds, dating, horoscopes etc.

This information is sold at a Premium and there is no reason why
information on the Web cannot be sold at a Premium. It's all a matter
on how the information and content is presented and what extra value
people can get from it.

But the key thing is that let's not get caught up thinking that
information always needs to be cheap and "needs to be cheap", yes in
some areas this may be a case, but in others value will always come at a
price. The cheapest price is not always the best.

The way I look at it, is that you have "lite" information which is just
the basics and then if someone wants more then they can pay for it.
Give them a taster or teaser and then let them have more - at a price!

Leslie
Leslie Bunder
Project Manager, TDL InfoSpace
e-mail: Leslie [dot] Bunderatinfospaceuk [dot] com (work) or leslieatbunder [dot] com (home)
Web: www.infospace.co.uk
tel: 01252 390516 (UK) +44 1252 390516 (outside UK)
mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) or +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
Thomson House, 296 Farnborough Road, Hants, GU14 7NU