Subject: Re: UKNM: Standard Banner Sizes
From: Mark Curtis
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:20:47 GMT

Compared to Tom, I haven't got much to say! I do think your arguments are
convincing though. It's risky for this medium to get stuck with one size
fits all. Look at the use advertisers make of 10, 20, 30 and more seconds on
TV to achieve different aims.

However when we developed Yell in late 95 we strongly urged that they use
standard banner ad sizes. They were keen to launch with a smaller, boxier
shape at the top lhs of the screen. Subsequently they moved to the standard.
I suspect that this may have been due to advertiser pressure.