Subject: UKNM: Anorak Amnesty
From: Sam Michel
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:44:07 GMT

Bit of a change from viruses (except that maybe if you follow your mother's
instructions and wear an anorak when going out on a chilly day, you might
avoid catching one!)...

I got a press release from First Direct about this promotion they're
running in conjunction with Shelter to promote the launch of their website.
Whilst it seems to have taken an age for FD to get their act together (I
seem to recall pitches approx. 2 years ago, anyone else?), I like the results.

To my mind, it's a neat integration of real-world and virtual marketing
communications that ties in well with the brand. Off the top of my head I
can't remember many others that have done this well, anyone else? I guess
that if I can't remember them, they weren't that good!?! If only it were
that simple.

Just in case you're wondering, I'm not involved with First Direct other
than being a customer.
Toodle Pip

Sam
Webmedia Group, 21 Noel St, London, W1V 3RD
T: 0171 494 0812 F: 0171 434 1304 E: samatwebmedia [dot] com
ICQ Pager: 4561042
Webmedia: http://www.webmedia.com
ShockeR: http://www.shocker.com