[Previous] [Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Previous in Thread] [Next in Thread]


Subject: Re: UKNM: The invisible banner?
From: Tim Hayward
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:37:46 GMT

Excellent!

Just make sure that the brand values of your advertisers are symbiotic
with A&L, find a way of integrating them pleasingly into the page and
make sure that the fuckers aren't banner shaped.

Now we're motoring!!!

Tim

Matteo Berlucchi wrote:
>
> Talking about using banners for brand awareness, I recently came up with the idea (about to be launched tomorrow on the Alliance & Leicester website
> http://www.aandl.com/) of non-clickable banners.
>
> It may seem a stupid idea but there was some thinking behind it:
>
> 1. A & L site generates around 250,000 impressions a month.
> 2. They wanted to have something to offer their money-back credit card partners
> (Interflora, BT, Vodafone, etc.)
> 3. They liked the idea of carrying third party banners but didn't like the idea
> of losing traffic.
>
> So, I came up with the "non-clickable-banner": awareness banners that are sold
> to strategic partners at a very competitive rate (generally 5 CPM). These
> banners are exactly like bill-boards and the underlying concept is that because
> only 1%-5% of people click on them, you just concentrate on the other 95%-99%
> who don't and design a banner which is thought out to be "display" only and not
> "click through".
>
> The first non clickable banners will be launched tomorrow or the day after.
>
> Matteo
> --
> Matteo Berlucchi
> Head of Marketing Hyperlink plc
> 8 Upper Saint Martin's Lane Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9DL
> Tel +44(0)171 240 8121 Fax +44(0)171 240 8098
> email matteoathyperlink [dot] com www.hyperlink.com


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Tim Hayward. Digital Media Strategist. HHCL + P.
Kent House,14-17 Market Place, Gt Titchfield St,
London, W1N 7AJ. Tel +44-171-915-7579.
********************
UKNM is sponsored by Excite UK, visit us at http://www.excite.co.uk.
Email Khalil Ibrahimi khalilatexcitecorp [dot] com (mailto:khalilatexcitecorp [dot] com) to advertise on Excite.
********************
Change your UKNM subscription use http://www.chinwag.com/uknm.html



Replies
  RE: UKNM: The invisible banner?, Martin Lloyd

Replies
  UKNM: The invisible banner?, Robin Edwards
  Re: UKNM: The invisible banner?, Matteo Berlucchi

[Previous] [Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Next in Thread] [Previous in Thread]