Subject: RE: UKNM: 'lastminute share plunge catastrophe/disaster'
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:01:20 GMT

But will the wake up call only hit the pure-play dot-coms?

Interesting article at:

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/news/viewpoint2000/view-000322-1.shtml

which shows (albeit with dubious research) that even the highest value
dot-coms cannot go on making a loss forever (now there's a revelation...)
and the suggestion that Amazon.com will run out of cash within a fairly
short space of time is scary indeed.

But what about the profit making e-commerce ventures? There are many UK
e-commerce sites with 7+ figure revenues each month, and phenomenal growth
rates, that may get caught up in the fall-out and receive unfairly low
valuations as a result. Or it could go the other way, of course, with
profitability finally becoming desirable again. Did someone say dividends?

Robin

--
Robin Edwards
Clockworx

On Wednesday, March 22, 2000 3:59 PM, Mohammed Raja
[SMTP:mohammedatupmystreet [dot] com] wrote:
> Greed is good...so believes the Lastminute.com investor, time for reality
> the market thinks...only one winner here !
>
> By setting the float price at the high end, Lastminute set themselves up
for
> a fall, along with the greedy investors out there !
>
> It's the wake up call dot coms needed.
>
> Mohammed Raja

London