Subject: Re: UKNM: who's updating what and how ??
From: Greg Crockart (Hyperlink plc)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:01:06 +0100

The issue you raise is certainly interesting. It is especially
interesting to see that people are still always referring to the dreaded
'press release' when talking about content management.

It would appear that a lot of people are overly concerned about
information being repeated across a range of mediums. A good example of
this was a friend of mine (who has never used the Internet before)
seeing a television program which referred to a Web address. Using my PC
to access he found that the information online was a a brief summary of
exactly what had been said on the TV show.....just a bit of a
dissapointment.

I personally would rather have a time delay between information
appearing in one medium and then appearing 'tailored for another
medium'. Bashing up a press relase quickly is not the most important
issue here.

Greg
--
Greg Crockart E: gregathyperlink [dot] com
Marketing Account Manager T: +44 171 240 8121

Tarnya Norse wrote:

> Thought this subject needed re-posting but under a different subject
> heading - it's a burning issue but some folk might have thought we were still on
> the 'Sky goes free' subject.
>
> My humble apologies in advance if I upset anyone by re-posting this ....
> no inconvenience or duplication of effort intended.
>
> Yikes...please be gentle.

[Sam says: other responses chopped for brevity...]