Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: Web-washing
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:36:38 +0100

Neville Clarke <nevilleclarkeatairwise [dot] com> said:

>When was it The Times took advertising off the front page? Now why >did
they do that?

Forgive me if I misunderstand your point but aren't you running four banners
ads at the top of your front page at http://www.airwise.com/ ?

At least I would presume they are banner (button) ads because all four are
hotlinked to http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/

Or has DoubleSlick suddenly taken a principled stand _against_ banner
advertising?

Or is this an example of "sponsorship" or "meshing with your community"
(cutting down the banner size so that you can fit four on at the top of
every page thus quadrupling the number of ad impressions)?

Next time I talk to DoubleClick I will remember to quarter any CPM rate they
give me for a starters.

Ray Taylor +44 181 639 0015
Campaign for real English in email discussion groups