Subject: RE: UKNM: UK Slang
From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 12:54:29 +0100

Interesting to discuss the issue of Net slang in the Uk and does it
differ from that of the US????

Methinks UK Net users tend to use the same slang. I can't recall any
different slang apart from "bloody hell local phone calls in the UK are
so expensive!"

So that would be BHLPINUKASE

This is a real tricky question, so seriously I would also be keen to
know if there are certain Net slang used in the UK that is not used in
the US.

And then of course we have the issue of is there such a thing as US West
Coast Net slang versus US East Coast Net slang!

Leslie
Leslie Bunder
Project Manager, TDL InfoSpace
e-mail: Leslie [dot] Bunderatinfospaceuk [dot] com (work) or leslieatbunder [dot] com
(home)
Web: www.infospaceuk.com
tel: 01252 390516 (UK) +44 1252 390516 (outside UK)
mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) or +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
Thomson House, 296 Farnborough Road, Hants, GU14 7NU