Subject: UKNM: Snortin' Calpol
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 20:24:08 +0000 (GMT)

Y'know I think Steve could be right here..

From: Steve Bowbrick <steveatwebmedia [dot] com>

>Apparently, Sam's bland 'ADMIN' statement (disingenuous or what!) conceals
>a really rather sinister piece of commercial manipulation. For instance,
>from now on, if you malign Excite in a posting to the list, a clever filter
>will censor the reference, replacing the nastiness with a more fragrant
>term. Likewise, if you mention a competitor, the filter will replace the
>offending name with something ugly.

I sent a message condemning the blatant capitalism going on and condemning
Excite, and it turns out the clever filter switched "Bollocks" to
"Congrats", "off" to "done" and "fuck" to "well." ...

Go easy on that Calpol, Steve :-)

Ray Taylor
Beware of expensive imitations