Subject: RE: UKNM: ADMIN: Times are a changin'
From: Elizabeth Van Couvering
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 16:52:22 +0000 (GMT)

Now I could let Sam answer this of course, but:

a) why sponsorship? to provide it with money in a relatively non-offensive
fashion. Because it can.
b) what for? to buy servers, bandwidth, and recompense Sam for some of the
time he spends filtering our nonsense
c) what else? the agreement to Excite is simply what you see -- the couple
of lines at the bottom of a message, and a link to Excite from the chinwag
home page. It's not very sinister really, we just want you to try the
service because we think it's good and once you try it you'll like it, tell
your friends about it, and possibly want to advertise on it.

Everything else is just a figment of Steve B's imagination.

E.