Subject: Re: UKNM: The Digital Heroes of Hypocrisy
From: Robert Venes
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 17:40:04 +0000 (GMT)

>Thinking about the discussion of the list sponsorship on the tube this
>morning, this flashed into my head:
>
>[Phone rings...]
>
>Pot: "Hello, is the kettle there?"
>
>Kettle: "Yup, kettle talking"
>
>Pot: "You're black."

yeah, like sam travels the tube. stretch limo maybe...

>Errr, this is a discussion list about marketing isn't it? I'd like to
>think of all subscribers as stakeholders in the list and I hope you
>approve of the very light sponsorship of the list. I do find it a bit
>strange that you'd think sponsorship would affect the editorial stance on
>the list i.e. super-minimal. Does this mean when NMA sponsor their chats
>every Fri, you expect the guests to tell you how great NMA is, and agree
>strongly with everything Mike and the crazy gang at NMA say? Don't think
>so.

they do. we just edit it out. on the subject of nma chats, we have Doug
McCallum of Capital Interactive chewing the fat.

for my part, i dont see any of us as stakeholders. sam runs the list. short
of canning it, he cant choose to ignore it if he's busy. we can. or we can
unsub. never thought new media was so precious.

Rob Venes Direct: 0171 970 4834
Features Editor, New Media Age Fax: 0171 970 4898/4899
50 Poland Street, W1V 4AX URL: http://www.nma.co.uk