Subject: RE: UKNM: The Digital Heroes of Hypocrisy
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:30:32 +0000 (GMT)

<gentle poke in the ribs>

Sometime in October, Sam wrote

> On .sigs, I know it's tempting to include your full address, phone, fax,
> mobile, ISDN, private, toilet cubicle, two cups joined by string numbers,
> but bear in mind one number and an email address will probably suffice.
> It's probably not necessary to include every website you've ever worked on
> in your .sign file either. Please try and restrict your .sig to 4-5 lines
> _without blank lines_ otherwise they're likely to come under my virtual
> chopper. 'nuff said.

Where does a .sig end and an advert begin, I wonder... (or should that be
t'other way round to avoid Sam's chopper?).

</gentle poke in the ribs>

Anyway, am I the only person here who doesn't actually mind adverts and
things at the bottom of emails? Or have I just mellowed too much with age to
be an e-warrior? The point Lee Bryant made about most of us making money
from the marketing dollar is spot on. But then, this isn't the first time
we've seen anti-marketing blast-fests on this marketing forum (and The Wall
on Revolution's site).

Could I be so obvious to point out how easy it is to ignore a .sig, or not
visit any URL's contained within it if you are in anyway offended by the
concept?

On a completely unrelated note - is anyone here going to the LIA awards on
Nov 16th? I missed the last UKNM do due to the floods so I didn't get a
chance to put faces to names and have a general chinwag (that'll be 30
pounds CPM please Sam!) about the state of the industry etc.

Cheers

Robin

--
Robin Edwards