Subject: UKNM: Net pricing strategy
From: William Wemyss
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 21:04:04 GMT

Sanjay Mazumder wrote:

> Why should the high street price matter?
>
> Surely, the net should be leading us to price equality

Respond

In terms of brand development the net can actual be detrimental in terms of pricing. Take the example of a company who sells products in various countries at differential pricing. The reason for this maybe, amongst others, the level of competition in a given country requires a different pricing structure. Equally, the company may want to achieve different levels of penetration in each country. The web then makes the overall pricing structure transparent and importantly damages the brand because consumer faith is dented. I hear Thomas Pink in America is selling its shirts for significantly more than in the Uk. Now the company is online will the Americans continue to believe in the brand? I doubt it if what I hear is true.

E-branding is an art of which price is of course only one element.

See you

Bill

William Wemyss
Panlogic Ltd
'Performance based web marketing'
www.panlogic.co.uk
(44) 181-948-5166
The information contained in this email is
confidential. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access
to it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee,
you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on
the information contained in this email. If you have received this email
in error, please inform postmasteratpanlogic [dot] co [dot] uk immediately and delete it
and all copies from your system. Any opinion or advice or information
contained in this email is not necessarily that of the owners or officers
of this company.

(44) 0181-948-5166