Subject: UKNM: Online Efficiency tracking
From: Mike Zeederberg
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:02:35 GMT

Morning all,

We're doing a bunch of Direct Response advertising (print ads) that drives
customers to a free phone number, with a different number for each ad. We
then
get the data from the call centre as to who phoned what number when, import
it
into Excel and analyse it to work out the most effective media, creative,
etc.
etc. Obviously the permutations start getting messy once you've got a fair
amount of data, and each time we want to look at it in a different way, we
have
to rebuild the spreadsheet. Also, we want to extend it to track our online
campaigns in the same sort of manner.

What i'm looking for is any sort of software that allows this sort of online
manipulation of the data, with easy importing of data and easy integration.
know the best way is going to be to develop a custom built database
solution,
but in the short term, i was wondering if anyone knew of any packages out
there
that do this sort of stuff.

Regards
Mike