Subject: RE: UKNM: Free Link Finder
From: Emily Dubberley
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:09:12 GMT

you get a zillion pieces of spam by submitting to these things but if you
submit from a secondary/new e-mail account set up for this purpose, who
cares! It might do some good. If nothing else, your PI's go through the
roof for a very short period of time due to the amount of spiders indexing
you. Although where possible, opt out of them submitting you to the major
engines cos they don't like repeat submissions *at all*

On another note, for a deeply amusing guide to spam, check out
http://208.240.252.87/features/spam/spam.html - everything from useful virus
checking links to examples of the worst spam ever. And no, I don't have
anything to do with the site, I just work in marketing so everythin I say
sounds like a sales pitch :-)