Subject: Re: UKNM: Fed-Up with US Biased Stats
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:03:27 +0100

Kind of you too say so, Mike. We do have some market data on online ad
revenues that we did a ways back. It's out of print now, but you can get
most of the relevant info in a secondary report we produced in collaboration
with KPMG at:

http://www.kpmg.co.uk/uk/direct/industry/ice/internet/adint/

The UK IAB promised some real "audited" Web ad revenue research some time
back but I guess they are still discussing it in a Soho lunch joint.

The best sources for general Internet market research are of course NUA and
EMAP and these have already been mentioned.

Question is: why is Ogilvy after free reports? Mean bastards ought to pay
for market research, not expect everyone else to do their dirty work for
nowt. Typical old media ad agency!

If your new boys need any training, Jane, send them to me for a couple of
weeks and I will see if I can knock them into shape for you.

Fraternally,

Ray Taylor
NMC/Adplan
0181 639 0015