Subject: Re: UKNM: Half of UK sites are "broken"
From: Craig Pickup
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:31:25 +0100

Philip Rooke wrote:

> I appreciate that not everyone has the resources that we do to get it
> right first time. But this is still serious?

You do not need many reseources when there are services like Net Mechanics
(http://www.netmechanic.com/) around that will check the site for you (up to 200
pages), including links, html, accessability and optimisation of images for
free. There is no excuse for broken internal links. And not much excse for
external broken links remaining an length of period.

Craig Pickup
Digitrade