Subject: Re: UKNM: Egg.com website
From: azeem azhar
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:08:40 +0100

The Web site is beautiful. Pity it is completely unusable.

I accessed it over a 2 megabit/s line and a 266 Mhz Pentium wih 64 megs of
ram and it took me more than 30 seconds to get through to the second page.

i don't understand the emphasis on the gloss, the panache, rather than
getting straight to business.

i wonder if Yahoo! would ever have reached 4.5 billion page views a month
if it had been that slow--and emphasised the limits of HTML, animated .GIFs
and the like, rather than on delivering functionality to end users.