Subject: Re: UKNM: Egg.com website
From: Jamie Unwin
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:49:20 +0100

lee wrote:-

>Although the site was pretty-ish and average it only took 10 seconds to
>access the front page from home ... and I aint got BT Highway,
>just a modem connection.

jamie replied:-

To be fair the second time I looked at the site the "I-dent" had dissapered
and the site loaded much quicker which was a good idea (I suppose it sets a
cookie). However I only looked again because I have a fast line, if I was
paying, I probably wouldn't have taken a second look so quickly.

BT Highway is the biggest piece of hype ever (oh sorry forgot this was a
marketing list !),

It just a repackaged 64k ISDN line (128k if you use two channels) anyway
that another story !

jamie
Jamie Unwin : jamieatnml [dot] guardian [dot] co [dot] uk : http://www.guardian.co.uk
The Guardian : 3-7 Ray Street, London, EC1R 3DJ : Tel. 0171 713 4469
jamieatjamie [dot] net : http://www.jamie.net : http://www.poke.com